On Thursday, Secretary of State John Kerry delivered a speech in Brussels outlining the United States’ proposal for a new nuclear deal with Iran. The proposed agreement would require Iran to reduce its stockpile of enriched uranium by 98% and allow international inspectors into all aspects of the Iranian nuclear program.
President Obama has said that he will veto any agreement that does not include these key provisions. However, Iranian officials have responded to Kerry’s speech with increasing hostility, saying that they will not accept any deal that falls short of their demands.
In his speech, Secretary Kerry said that the United States is “not going to be rushed” into making a decision on whether or not to accept the proposed deal. However, given the hostile reaction from Iran, it seems likely that the Obama Administration will eventually decide against accepting it.
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo meets with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif
On Thursday, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in an attempt to revive the Iran nuclear deal. However, the meeting was largely unsuccessful as Zarif announced that Iran would not be renewing its compliance with the agreement. This is a step backward for the deal, as it shows that Iran is not interested in continuing to uphold its commitments.
Pompeo said that he is “extremely disappointed” with this decision and warned that the United States will not allow Iran to keep nuclear weapons. He also called on other signatories to the deal to come together and find a way to fix it. This statement shows just how serious the United States is about keeping the deal intact.
Iran has been violating aspects of the agreement since it was signed in 2015, and it is clear that Tehran does not want to comply with any of its terms. The country has also been engaging in aggressive behavior in neighboring countries, such as Syria and Yemen, which has led to increased tensions between Iran and the United States. If Iran does not want to uphold the agreement, then other signatories should abandon it as well.
Iran announces it will not renew the nuclear deal with the U.S.
Iran has announced that it will not renew the nuclear deal with the U.S., citing America’s “violations” of the accord. The Trump administration has been pushing for Iran to re-enter negotiations, but Tehran has shown no signs of willingness to do so.
This announcement comes after President Donald Trump withdrew the U.S. from the nuclear agreement last year and reimposed sanctions on Iran. The decision was seen as a major setback for the deal, which was intended to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon.
Iranian officials have said that they will not renegotiate the terms of the agreement, which were agreed to in 2015 by five world powers: Iran, China, France, Russia, and Britain. Tehran has also accused Washington of failing to uphold its side of the bargain by resuming sanctions.
The deal was meant to reduce Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for economic relief from sanctions. But critics say that Iran has not followed through on its commitments and that the deal does not adequately stop Tehran from developing a nuclear weapon.
Blinken calls Iran’s latest response to nuclear deal proposal a ‘step backward’
The administration’s top diplomat on Sunday called Iran’s response to a proposed nuclear deal a “step backward,” The New York Times reports.
In an interview with NBC’s Meet The Press, Secretary of State John Kerry said that Iran had not made the changes required to receive relief from economic sanctions. “I think it’s fair to say they haven’t taken the steps we would have expected them to take,” he said. “And so this is a step backward.” Kerry also warned that if no agreement is reached by June 30th, the U.S. will go back to the negotiating table.
This comes after Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said in a statement on Saturday that Tehran is not prepared to negotiate until all sanctions are lifted. Zarif added that any deal must be based on mutual respect and Iranian sovereignty. Kerry responded by saying that Iran has previously agreed to make concessions and that more progress needs to be made.”
Iran’s response to a proposed nuclear deal is a step backward, according to Secretary of State John Kerry. If no agreement is reached by June 30th, the U.S. will go back to the negotiating table.
Trump threatens to withdraw from the nuclear deal
In a tweet on Tuesday, President Trump said the Iran nuclear deal was “a terrible agreement” and warned that he would “reconsider” whether to stay in it if Tehran does not improve its behavior.
Trump’s statement came as Tehran responded to a proposal from the United States to modify the terms of the nuclear deal, with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif accusing Washington of making a “step backward.”
“The United States of America should know that if it reneges on its commitments under the nuclear deal, we will continue our push for additional protections for the Iranian people and continued economic development for the Iranian nation,” Zarif said in a statement.
The Trump administration has been pushing for changes to the nuclear deal, which is aimed at limiting Iran’s ability to build a nuclear weapon. The proposed changes would require Iran to significantly reduce its uranium stockpile and allow international inspectors into all nuclear facilities.
What happens if the U.S. withdraws from the nuclear deal?
Iran’s president Hassan Rouhani has suggested that the country could resume uranium enrichment if the Trump administration pulls out of the deal,…
Iran’s latest response to nuclear deal proposal is a “step backward”, according to US Blinken. Speaking at the Atlantic Council, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that Iran had not responded favorably to the Trump administration’s latest proposal.
Pompeo said that the US was open to returning to the negotiating table, but added that Iran needed to take significant steps forward in order to do so. Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif called the offer “unacceptable and unworkable” and said that Tehran would only negotiate if it received guarantees from world powers about its nuclear program.
The Trump administration has been pushing for a tougher agreement with Iran, after withdrawing from the 2015 nuclear deal in May. The proposal outlined by Pompeo would give Iran more sanctions relief in exchange for greater transparency about its nuclear program and restrictions on its ballistic missile program.
Iran news Azerbaijan
Iran calls latest response to nuclear deal proposal a ‘step backward’
June 7, 2017
Iran’s latest response to a proposed nuclear deal with the United States is a step backward, according to the country’s top diplomat.
“The recent proposal by America is not in line with our interests and will not help resolve any issues,” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said in a statement released on Friday. “It is instead a new ploy to distort the reality of the negotiations.”
Zarif’s comments come after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Thursday that the Trump administration was considering offering Iran unspecified “modifications” to the 2015 nuclear agreement that President Barack Obama negotiated. The proposed modifications would aim to address Iranian ballistic missile development and alleged support for militant groups.
Iran has already rejected Tillerson’s offer as “unacceptable.” The country’s president, Hassan Rouhani, has said that Tehran will not renegotiate its nuclear agreement, which it reached with world powers including Russia and China.
Iran’s latest response to nuclear deal proposal is a step backward, Blinken says
iran news now
Iran’s latest response to a proposal from the United States to resolve the standoff over Iran’s nuclear program is a step backward, according to Blinken. Speaking at an event in Berlin on Friday, Secretary of State John Kerry said that Iran had responded “in a way that does not provide any real assurances” about its intentions. Kerry reiterated U.S. demands for Tehran to suspend all enrichment of uranium and open up its nuclear facilities for inspection by international experts.
Iran has rejected the U.S. proposal and insists that it must continue enriching uranium for peaceful purposes. “Iran has not demonstrated the will or capability to live up to the agreement, and it has continued to destabilize the region with its missile program and support for terrorist groups,” says Blinken. He argues that Iran needs to take concrete steps toward meeting its commitments before negotiations can resume.”
iran israel news
Iran’s latest response to nuclear deal proposal is a step backward, Blinken says
iran news today
Iran’s latest response to a proposal for a nuclear deal from the United States is a “step backward,” according to Blinken.
The US proposal, which was released on Sunday, would allow for Iran to keep some of its current nuclear capabilities in exchange for restrictions on the country’s atomic program. Iran has previously called the offer a “fraud.”
“This step backwards underscores why we need to keep moving forward with a credible and successful diplomatic solution,” Secretary of State John Kerry said in a statement.
Blinken told reporters that he is “disappointed” with Iran’s response and warned that mounting tensions are not good for either side.
U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, criticized Iran’s response to a U.N.-proposed resolution that would create an international tribunal to prosecute those responsible for attacks on civilian nuclear facilities in Iran. Haley said the proposal was a “step backward” and accused Tehran of trying to obstruct the investigation into these attacks.
This reaction from Iran is not surprising; it has been trying to stall this proposal for months now by calling it unconstitutional and politically motivated. However, whether or not this resolution will actually pass remains to be seen.